FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fall 2014 Earn Your Wings
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:26 pm
yyzprincess

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well, the goal would be to get into the top 20 and get another 500k miles. And if I was sure it was a great idea, I would have booked it already

Out of curiosity, how much did you spend for the flights?

There's a huge difference between rerouting a few necessary trips, and planning this just for the wing running.
Lets say I had to call Visa this afternoon to inform them about the charges which will be going on AC in the next 24 hours.

I would never book flights to nowhere. Every trip I take there is an interview or booked meeting. In addition I always overnight @ a hotel or route it through YYZ after a red-eye flight to sleep in a proper bed. If it means having to pay for breaking the journey.

On a serious note. Doing all of these segments run , there is a risk factor. I love flying. I will get on a plane on turn off a dime. However, I am aware of the risk factor. Which is why I do not add segments to reach SE status to my international itineraries.

The current EWY except for same day RT between YYZ-LGA/EWR/BOS/PHL, all others require overnight. I travel through YXE, YQR & YWG ( my daughter lives in YWG) YQR& YXE no Airport Hotels.

The current EYW is International lucrative.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Sep 22, 2014 at 6:36 pm