FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:57 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ninim2200
You guys are making a big deal over this, when apparently there is nothing wrong, if your letter says you get 50k miles, then you will get it, i saved every single approval letter i have (9 total) and i am sure your letter is no different, so i think we should take a deep breath and relax. a lot of the offers in the past stated for "New Applicant only Offer" and we still got the bonus, if things change we adapt, and move to the next big thing, this hobby is based on trial and error and experience, and i don't think any of us should take for granted, saying all that i still think this is still working fine, i applied over the weekend for my wife for her #5 exec / approved we should see the letter in a couple of days, if it has the bonus great, no big deal, we will get the other offer...... all, take deep breath and enjoy the ride.
You are just the person I was looking for, because I didn't save any approval letters past when the points posted to AA.

Do your earlier letters say that points will post 8 to 10 weeks after you meet the spend? If they said that, then maybe they will keep posting a few days after the spend posts and we can still get the miles and avoid the fee. But if they used to say the points will post once the spend is met, and this "8 to 10 weeks" is new language Citi has just added to the EXEC letters, then avoiding the fee may not be possible any more.

Because paying $900 (plus MS fees) each time we reapply would be a really big deal to me.

By the way, which link did you use to apply for this last card?

Last edited by Brugge; Sep 22, 2014 at 4:04 pm