FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:18 pm
AwardBee

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by air360
So I called recon and got Put on with a supervisor. She seemed to be able to see a lot of stuff on accounts. She asked me why I had opened an account in Juky and closed it and why i wanted another card when I already have one open (1 open 1 closed) then she said looking at the overall picture it looked like I had had a number of inquires on my credit. She advised me that they wanted to see a bit more history on the open account and a few less inquires.
I know I was out of the 65 day time limit...so maybe there is something to this new rule as I only have the 2 other execs and a chase card (so 3 inquires) in the past 8 mo or so...so not that many.

Maybe I will wait a few weeks and put a bunch of spend (that I pay) on that open account and try recon again. She sounded pretty confident there would be no reconsideration at this time...kinda like it was an easy choice for her to justify her no...so probably won't call back for a few weeks

I won't lie...I'm a bit bummed....first time I have ever been decline for any cad lol
This sounds like it could be the beginning of the Citi Exec crackdown...