FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA - The 2014 thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:15 pm
flolee

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Knowing that drunk people are typically 10 times louder than they think they are, especially when they're trying to be quiet, I suspect if the "looks" from the WT+ passengers were because you'd woken them up. If so, not DYKWIA, but definitely rude and selfish.
ok, that goes off in the wrong direction. i'll have to clarify: i originally wrote that text for some of my friends who just love politically incorrect, way exaggerated stories and i just copied parts of it over here shortly before leaving home in a hurry, not thinking about editing it in an adequate way for this (more serious) occasion. which probably was quite inconsiderate.

i really want to emphasize that yes, we got weird looks from some in the WT+ cabin, but those were the ones still awake, watching movies and probably wondered why we were brightly smiling crossing the cabin (and even brighter smiling - but not laughing or giggling! - on the way back). i guarantee we did not wake up anybody as we said no word or made any noise whatsoever, to which we really paid attention.

the funny part (for us, at least) was just the clash between us, who we were deeply content, relaxed and in a good mood with the quite bad tempered cabin crew, who would not believe we bonkers were in first and us not being able to convince him at least slightly. i hope that clarifies it a bit. the guys that know me (also over here) know that i would never ever be knowingly rude, quite in the contrary - most people make fun of me being overly considerate to others around me. like almost wetting myself waiting for the guy in the aisle seat to finally wake up for letting me pass as i could never wake somebody up if it wouldn't be absolutely necessary (just happened last week on a SH economy flight)