FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:38 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
Wow, you just saved me. I was going to put in 2 apps for that link today. Sorry it happened to you, but know that it was not in vain Maybe they won't actually enforce that rule, or at least not yet... never know with Citi.

So now do I apply for the first 50k link? I see it listed as a 50k bonus, and from what I can see there are no terms against previously holding an Exec card.
Bizarrely, the landing page link that immediately follows the "be careful" statement, does not in fact state 30K, it clearly states 50K, and the only language in the footnotes about it is:

"BONUS MILES:
American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantageŽ account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirements. Only the primary cardmember is eligible to earn miles. Purchases exclude returned goods and services, cash advances, convenience checks, transferred balances, credits, fees and interest charges.".

Nor do I see anything in the app page T/Cs that would prevent getting the bonus. So yeah, as far as I can tell, you should use the link the Wiki warns you away from.