FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:27 am
mittenfingerz

Originally Posted by Brugge

We both recently applied for another EXEC card thru the Wiki link which simply says:

"New 50k offer:Landing page for New 50K for $5K spending, no statement credit"

The prior link says: "Current 50K public offer: (Be carefull this link is showing as 30k in citi system, use other link for 50k)"

So I thought the Wiki was telling me to use the "new 50K offer link, which does not have any "be careful" language, not the first one. I just clicked on "additional information" at the bottom of the landing page for the "new 50K offer" (that we just used), which I didn't check before since I stupidly trusted the Wiki, and found this:

"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® opened or closed in the past 18 months."

So we just wasted a HP each, and did $5K spend each, for a cc that specifically states that we will not get any bonus at all.

The "application link" which directly follows the "be careful" language does NOT have the 18 month language, but I didn't use that since I thought that was the one "showing as 30k in citi system".

Whoever put that last link in the Wiki without a warning about the T/Cs should be banned from FT for life. Not just from posting, but from even reading. IMHO

Wow, you just saved me. I was going to put in 2 apps for that link today. Sorry it happened to you, but know that it was not in vain Maybe they won't actually enforce that rule, or at least not yet... never know with Citi.

So now do I apply for the first 50k link? I see it listed as a 50k bonus, and from what I can see there are no terms against previously holding an Exec card.