FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:26 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
[QUOTE=Brugge;23563961]

We both recently applied for another EXEC card thru the Wiki link which simply says:

"New 50k offer:Landing page for New 50K for $5K spending, no statement credit"

The prior link says: "Current 50K public offer: (Be carefull this link is showing as 30k in citi system, use other link for 50k)"

So I thought the Wiki was telling me to use the "new 50K offer link, which does not have any "be careful" language, not the first one. I just clicked on "additional information" at the bottom of the landing page for the "new 50K offer" (that we just used), which I didn't check before since I stupidly trusted the Wiki, and found this:

"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® opened or closed in the past 18 months."

So we just wasted a HP each, and did $5K spend each, for a cc that specifically states that we will not get any bonus at all.

The "application link" which directly follows the "be careful" language does NOT have the 18 month language, but I didn't use that since I thought that was the one "showing as 30k in citi system".

Edited: As someone just posted, Citi may have changed the offer page after the link was posted to the Wiki, so maybe this is no one's fault but Citbank's.

Maybe they did this without notice to sucker in the churn and cancel people. They did get our combined $10K spend, but they sure won't get an AF from us.

At any rate, I have edited the Wiki to include a warning about the "new" link.

Last edited by Brugge; Sep 22, 2014 at 12:03 pm