FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:09 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
What the (heck) ?

We both recently applied for another EXEC card thru the Wiki link which simply says:

"New 50k offer:Landing page for New 50K for $5K spending, no statement credit"

The prior link says: "Current 50K public offer: (Be carefull this link is showing as 30k in citi system, use other link for 50k)"

So I thought the Wiki was telling me to use the "new 50K offer link, which does not have any "be careful" language, not the first one. I just clicked on "additional information" at the bottom of the landing page for the "new 50K offer" (that we just used), which I didn't check before since I stupidly trusted the Wiki, and found this:

"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® opened or closed in the past 18 months."

So we just wasted a HP each, and did $5K spend each, for a cc that specifically states that we will not get any bonus at all.

The "application link" which directly follows the "be careful" language does NOT have the 18 month language, but I didn't use that since I thought that was the one "showing as 30k in citi system".

Whoever put that last link in the Wiki without a warning about the T/Cs should be banned from FT for life. Not just from posting, but from even reading. IMHO

Last edited by Brugge; Sep 22, 2014 at 10:24 am