FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Executive [Late 2014 - 2015]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:19 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by timrek
I generally agree with the CSRs are clueless theory but I'm more concerned that the approval letter that always cites the bonus miles didn't mention them this time around. We'll see what happens.

If this is the end, it's been a great ride!
If so, its a major sea change at Citi, because until now I have never heard of a single case of Citi not granting a bonus if the min spnd was met in time. Not once....

On the other hand, the fact that they have inserted language about 18 months in the T/C of the new EXEC app on their site is quite ominous. Their past procedure with this sort of thing would be to deny the app, rather than to withhold the bonus. But since AFAIK no one here has applied thru the new app, there's no way to know for certain.

My best guess is that they have dropped the bonus mention from the approval letter because of the new T/C, so as not to be promising something they may not honor with the new app. But still give the bonus for apps using the old link that doesn't have the new language.

But that's just my personal fantasy. I really don't know anything more than anyone else.