FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a professional sporting event to go to
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:03 pm
stockmanjr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by gnaget
You can check fixtures at espnfc.com for example.

You should be able to get tickets for Chelsea-Maribor, but it might be a rather one sided game. Tickets are GBP 35.

On the 21st there is a full program in the Championship (the second highest league). In London I see Charlton and Brentford. The latter is near the Thames on the flight path into LHR from the east and features advertising on the roof. (You also see Craven Cottage/ Fulham and sometimes Chelsea too). Brentford's ground is famous for having a pub in every corner of the stadium structure.

I have been to Charlton. Nice stadium.

I think you might get a flavor for real, old school football than the oligarch funded Chelsea playing against a hapless Slovenian outfit. There is also Watford playing at home, which is in the northern suburbs. They were a top team in the 1980s when Elton John funded them.
I've been to Vicarage Road it's a nice ground but Watford is a bit of a shelp from Central London. Where in London are you staying?
Cheers
Howie
Ps. Has anyone been to The Den these days? I've always been intrigued about seeing a match there.