FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No BA only AA DFW - LHR?
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:56 am
HankABQ

Programs: BA Gold, UA, Delta, KLM
No BA only AA DFW - LHR?

Long time lurker, rarely poster.

3-4 times a year I fly ABQ - GOT (or sometimes CPH). For the last several years I have done this on BA: ABQ - DFW - LHR - GOT in Club World. I have Gold status and enjoy the BA lounges, but also the Club World seating, as I usual am in 64A upper deck on a 747. The price is also right, as are the connections from ABQ.

Now in looking to book this route for my upcoming trips, the overwhelming majority of flights between DFW - LHR are on AA, usually a 767, which in my humble experience are old and scrappy. I am less than underwhelmed with the AA product, given I am paying the same as I do for the BA product. Using ORD as a stop looks to be the same as well.

Questions: Will the AA planes on this route be upgraded to the new standard any time soon? Is BA abandoning this route altogether, and handing it over to AA for good?

Given the choice between sticking with BA but flying these AA aircraft, or switching loyalty to another airline/group, I will switch rather than fly the old AA aircraft when there are better choices available.

Thank you for your time and responses.