FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "You've been upgraded!"...no not really.. (not about upgrades)
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:54 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Ahs. Is there anyone that will say for certain that they will always react in nice and pleasant way when they were given nasty arrogant reception?

And perhaps you are assuming that I did not approach the front desk in a friendly manner? (I.e. I tried to be nice, but did not receive similar treatment? A firm reply is probably fair reaction.)

Also, replying in a firm manner does not mean it has to be unpleasant, or even unfriendly. It might be the best way to send the message across, and the agent might read the details of the reservation more carefully.. It also does not mean that the remainder of the conversation will be similar either.
Thank you. Firm does not imply rude or unpleasant.

BTW, hotel front desk employees are not my personal friends. I expect them to act professionally and politely toward me, but being overly friendly is inappropriate. It's a business relationship where I'm the customer, not a buddy.