FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific versus Singapore Airlines. Which is best for Frequent Flyers?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:11 am
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Kachjc
regional / long haul is not based on geographical location- it is based on hours flown.

CX has effectively classified all flights over 4 hours as mid-haul so they get long haul cabins.
SQ could easily do the same but chooses not to so for flights 4-8 hours the SQ product is CRAP - do not blame geography this is just an area where SQ is behind...
I am not really sure which regional destination you are referring to.

As far as I know the only "crap" aircraft SQ has is its B772. Some of B772 have AVOD in economy. There are still few aircrafts that still have non AVOD on B772, I was on one in DPS and CGK route.

I am not surprise if SQ uses this aircraft also to sub-Indian continent which probably SQ is unchallenged even they use the lousiest aircraft.

Other destination that I know like ICN, TPE, Japan route are mostly on A330 or 77W or even A380 which are very good product.

Well at least SQ does not have a plane that does not even have AVOD and has remote on the arm rest in biz class like CX 772.

I am not trying to defend SQ but just stating the fact.