FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:31 am
Wozz

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I would hang up and call again until you find an agent who knows that it can be done. I just did it last week.
Thanks - will keep trying if you have had success before.

Did they just simply change your booking without redepositing the miles and rebooking your flights?

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
there is a distinction between redepoiting the miles and actually cancelling all the flights (as discussed upthread). It might be worth asking if they just want to cancel the ticket (but can still hold the flights), or if they want to cancel the actual flights.

As discussed I tried 5 agents. One of them even made the change (appeared in the higher class on-line instantly), but then said they would have to go down the cancel route.

The change seems to be very easy to do in the system. It's just the right words for getting them to revalidate rather than cancel.
One of the agents offered to redeposit the miles and redo the booking again, rather than simply changing the booking for the leg from J to F. I want to avoid rebooking as my booking has a decent chance of not being ticketed by the rates desk - looks like more HUACA.