FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:25 pm
artsy1

unlinking card from online account?

I closed out my AAdvantage Amex and Visa cards over a year ago, (and I'm definitely past 18 months from the original approvals), but I still see both cards listed as closed accounts when I log in to review charges on another Citibank card (non-AA) I still have open. Does anyone know if I need to "unlink" these cards from my user ID before applying for a new AAdvantage card to try to get the bonus again? It's unclear to me if the fact that these closed accounts show in my online profile will have any impact on whether or not Citi gives me a bonus again.

Also, can someone confirm that the 12 - 26 month guideline for churning is from the date the card was OPENED and not the date it was closed? I read this in a few places, but would appreciate some reassurance since I'm well past the two year mark from original approval but not closure of the personal cards.

Thanks in advance! You guys helped me and my significant other get to Israel business class for free!

Last edited by artsy1; Sep 20, 2014 at 5:43 pm