FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelers: Air marshal aimed gun in Delta cabin
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:38 am
Plato90s
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
Talk about wanton endangerment!!! The TSA should have to come clean on this one, especially since they let the guy they had detained go almost immediately!

</font>
And would you believe that if the pilot were to accidentally turn off both engines, the plane would have crashed!!!

Talk about your reckless endangerment!

Mr. Johnson is just venting about things he doesn't know much about. We trust professional pilots not to accidentally crash the plane, so why doesn't he trust a trained police officer not to accidentally fire at you. Especially since all the police agencies (not sure about air marshal program) I know of train officers not to disengage the safety on the weapons until it's absolutely necessary, in order to prevent accidents.

Other than having a gun pointed down the aisle (not AT any passenger), what exactly is the harm done?

If the air marshals had not revealed themselves, and let this woman be harassed, I think some of the same complainers would be talking about negligence as well.

Frankly, I doubt any air marshal can do anything to make you happy, Spiff. They could have resuscitated a passenger who had a heart attack, and you'd likely complain that the air marshal was sitting in a FC or bulkhead seat that a paying pax could have had.