FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cashback on Amex GC through TopCashBack, BigCrumbs, etc.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:03 pm
gloobnib

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by robertw477
It will be interesting to see what changes are made to these.
My prediction: Amex will fix the "login" loophole that allows you to order >$500 GCs. They put this on hold while their programmers tackled the problem?

In other (relevant) news: I just received confirmation back from Befrugal and Barclays that they (AMEX) completed their respective investigations on 2 transactions that didn't track. I'm happy to report that both BF and Barclay's have credited my account with the missing points (worth about $400 total).

Befrugal was very quick to reply to my request through their portal to open an investigation, but it took them almost 1 month to complete it.

Barclays was a bit of a pain, as I had to spell out (repeatedly) that yes I got paid for *a* $5000 transaction, but not the $5000 transaction in question. It took about 4 back-and-forths for them to finally agree to open an investigation with AMEX. It also took about 1 month to complete the investigation, with zero communication between "We've opened an investigation" and the postal-mail notice saying "We've credited your account".

Gloob