FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:31 pm
236Dakota

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It depends on what you mean by "this". That churning business AA cards is very YMMV, that I have heard of lots before.

But of one of us being told on the phone by a Citi CSR that 18 months is the amount of time to wait, that I don't remember ever reading about before. (AFAIK, the 18 month "median" number for personal cards was arrived at by FTers correlating oodles of data points over the years, ie by "crowd sourcing".)

236Dakota, did the CSR actually give you "18 months" without you ever mentioning it? Or are you just abbreviating, as in you asked if you had to wait 18 months and they said yes?
The CSR made the 18 months statement without me ever mentioning it. That took me a bit by surprise. The only thing I said on the phone, other than answering the usual identity questions, was that I was checking on the status of my business card application.