FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Left Laptop On Delta Flight...Help??
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:02 pm
LGANightOwl

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
OP, your situation sucks and I can only imagine the frustration you're going through. However, I have to ask - how does one leave their laptop on a plane? It's not like a cell phone, iPad, book, which is allowed in the seat back pocket and easily hiddne. You have to physically put it away in your backpack, laptop case, carry-on, etc. You really should take ownership for your mistake instead of blaming Delta (who may I remind you had no role in your losing the laptop).

Think about it - how many flights does DL have per day, with each flight guaranteed to have something left behind by a passenger (bracelet, book, phone, headphones, laptops apparently). The next flight someone gets on that plane, takes the seat of the passenger who left the item behind and realizes they just hit the jackpot and there's a shiny new Apple laptop with nobody's name on it. That passenger takes it as theirs and Delta doesn't even have a clue something was ever left.

To those bashing DL on their awful ability to recover items should refocus that energy towards improving their memory and not leaving their stuff behind. Or just accept they have poor memory and drop it. At the end of the day it's not DL's fault.

All businesses are customer driven. If Delta thinks like you, we're screwed.

The OP didn't say "I lost my Laptop because of Delta." The OP said "Delta isn't doing their job to help me."

If your mentality prevails, maybe I should pick up someone's lost laptop and say "They didn't remember so it's mine. Sucks to be them!"