FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Business class 737-800 LAX-LIR
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:30 pm
LoganFlyer

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Amanditaxo
The icons do say overhead which I just found hard to believe in BC/FC
On the 737-800s, it's one size fits all, meaning that first class doesn't have a different entertainment system than they have in coach. There's either TVs at every seat or it's overhead monitors for the entire plane.

Originally Posted by Amanditaxo
But okay, looks like we'll be taking the IPAD's! To my understanding it looks like GOGO or streaming WIFI is only available over the continental US...which we will only be in the US for around 30 minutes of flight time...
What's the best way for me to get WIFI or bring with me?
I don't think there's a way to get WiFi outside the US while you're on the plane .

Also, you'll want to check this link 24 hours before departure:

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/dl572

Right now, it's showing some other pair of cities, as flight #572 is not yet assigned to the LAX-LIR route. But note the numbers in parentheses; these are the registration number of the aircraft DL plans to fly on the route. Within 24 hours of your flight, you should see the registration number for your aircraft, and for a 737-800, it will have one of two forms:

1. The letter N followed by 3 digits and 2 letters, such as N373DN
OR
2. The letter N followed by 4 digits and possibly a letter, such as N3736C or N3766

If the registration is the first type, then you will not have TVs at each seat. If it's the second type, then you will have TVs at each seat if and only if the number is 3744 or larger. If the number is 3743 or less, you will not have TVs. So for the examples above:

N373DN does not have TVs as the registration number only has 3 digits
N3736C does not have TVs as the registration number is 3743 or less
N3766 does have TVs as the registration number is 3744 or more.

Hope this helps!