FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alternatives when airline refuses to board due to passport's nationality.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:55 am
ThomasSmrs

Originally Posted by cbn42
Just a random, related question. Does the US restrict who can board a flight on its carriers that don't touch the country? For example, if someone on the no-fly list books BOM-AMS-MSP on DL, would they get blocked from boarding at BOM, or would they be allowed to fly the first segment and then get stranded at AMS?
Back when Pan Am operated intra-German routes, I sat next to a North Korean passport holder flying from Frankfurt to West Berlin. It was either 1988 or 1989. He was in a business suit and thought he was just a normal Korean(i.e. South Korean). I mean, who would have thought that a North Korean would be flying on Pan Am, which was almost like an American flag carrier. I thought he was kidding about being North Korean, until he showed me his DPRK passport. To this day, that guy remains the only North Korean I've seen in person. I mean, I've seen more pandas than North Koreans... that's just strikes me as odd.