FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beautiful Thailand
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:04 am
DanielW

Originally Posted by hebsan
Nice report and some absolutely beautiful pictures! I love Thailand and I am planning to retire there.
Many thanks, hebsan, you definitely have alot to look forward to settling down in the land of smiles.

Originally Posted by IamHungry
Cool report! I'm Thai and glad that you did enjoy Thailand!
Thank you, IamHungry, great to get an endorsement from a Thai citizen.

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
beautiful pictures. Did you asked all the people if you take a few pictures of them? What was their reaction?
Cheers, h1ghfly3r. Yes, for the portrait shots I always asked first, with a few hand gestures too in case they did not understand me. People were genuinely friendly and happy for me to take their photo.

Originally Posted by exilencfc
Cool report. Thailand is inching its way up my priority list - mostly for the food it must be admitted
Thanks, exilencfc, yes the food was definitely a highlight of the trip.

Originally Posted by bruceba
Thanks. Great report. I am planning my first trip.
Cheers, bruceba, hopefully a few ideas here to help with your planning.

Originally Posted by yuel
Very nicely done!!! I was born in Bangkok. Now I must go make green curry and rice, you made me hungry.
Thank you, yuel, yes, nothing like a thai green curry to sate the cravings.

Originally Posted by Madone59
Your photos are spectacular - thank you for sharing ^
Thanks, Madone5.

Originally Posted by agp423
Stunning photos!
Many thanks, agp423, I fortunately got to meet some very hospitable and beautiful people so wasn't too hard to get some great shots.

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Great pictures. I can tell you had a good time. Thank you for posting.

BTW the temple you visited in Bangkok when you took the ferry across the Chao Phraya River was Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn.
Thank you, restlessinRNO. Wat Arun was definitely a cool temple to visit and get away from the usual tourist crowds.

Originally Posted by nemme99
Unbelievable photos. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, nemme99.

Originally Posted by shogunate03
Fantastic report and amazing trip! Always glad to see another report from DanielW.

I'm impressed by the number of people shots you are able to get - it really does add quite a bit to the story and gives you a sense of "feeling" the local environment. Not sure how often you get turned down or told no, but seems like a fair share of people are willing to have their picture taken.

Petting the tigers seems pretty surreal - and freakin' awesome.
Thank you, shogunate03. Yes, the Thai people were very friendly and happy to put up with a overbearing 'farang' like me with a camera. The tigers were a real trip too. Some of the Thai tiger parks seem to get a bad rap, but the one we went to didn't seem too bad.

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Your photography skills are phenomenal. Each picture is captivating and the composition is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your great TR.
Many thanks, avneeshj. Hopefully not too long until I get to take some more photo's for my next TR.