FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:18 am
yerffej201

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Thanks for posting. The TD promo was mentioned in the TD Aero thread. And the CIBC card has been unchanged since March.

One thing that may not be apparent is that CIBC are no longer offering their regular Aerogold Visa, so in order to get the 15K+5K offer it will have to be an Infinite version...which means that a good chunk of previous card applicants are now shutout, since the Infinite requires "a minimum personal income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000". One has to wonder if this was part of an agreement they had to keep, since the TD Aero cards force the lower income applicants to apply for the TD Platinum (10K) Visa. CIBC's lower income version is its Aero Platinum, with a dinky 5K welcome bonus.

So, TD's cards in both categories look somewhat better than the CIBC versions.

Infinite Visas:
TD - 25K after $1000 spending, $120/yr
CIBC - 20K after $500 spending, $120/yr

Platinum Visas:
TD - 10K after first purchase, $89/yr
CIBC - 5K after first purchase, $39/yr

I would say that's it for this year, in terms of the $0 FYF offers...Amex just (Sep 3) yanked it off from the Aeroplan Plus Gold, while TD's new promo is also non-waived fees. Only CIBC might offer a hope that we'll get a FREE promo upcoming, as they haven't announced anything new since March when their $0FYF ended, other than dropping the regular Aerogold Visa from their lineup.

Looks like my credit score is going to be healing faster than I wanted.
It's definitely better than the previous offers, but I'm waiting for a FYF promo!