FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very Frustrated with Delta...
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:37 am
cre95

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MOD220
I booked 4 tickets from CMH to LAX 12/26 for a 2 week family vacation. We have 3 young children (.5, 2, 4) and the only flight options were early 730am or late 6-8pm. We opted for the morning so the kids could get adjusted when we get to CA and then go to bed at a reasonable time. I selected a Delta flight at 7:35am, which would be brutal but I guess we didn't have many options.

I just received an email from Delta stating the flight time is now 6:18am, which takes things to a whole new level. We will have to get up at 4am and the kids are going to be a mess. I asked for a refund and they declined stating the flight needs to change by 90 minutes (we are 13 minutes short) to qualify. Like most I don't read the fine print when I travel, I fly 100 legs a year, do 150 nights a year at Marriott, and have never had this issue.

Do all airlines have the same policy, any tips on getting a refund to fly on another carrier?
I know you were interested in a refund but have you considered changing to a connecting flight? A couple of options to consider are a connecting flight via MSP (departs at 9am, 1h layover, and gets to LAX at 1:15pm) or via DTW (departing at 10:11am, 31m layover, and gets to LAX at 2:10pm). Given that you are traveling with children, the longer layover may be better and you would be looking at a 9am first flight which would make it easier in the morning as well.