FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Else Excited About Intel Core M?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:34 am
Baldpacker

Programs: AC/EK
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
The T100 is not in the same class (it's an Atom-based system).

What other ultrabooks have you looked at?

What is it about Core M that appeals to you over what is offered today? Was there a specific system you saw demo'd that you're interested in?
If Broadwell Y delivers on time and with the performance and power consumption characteristics Intel is claiming here, it’ll punch into all-new form factors and could light a fire in the thin-and-light market.
http://www.extremetech.com/computing...er-consumption

Agreed the T100 is in a different class but it's small, light, <$400, Windows 8.1, and comes with MS Office. It has a smaller screen size, limited storage, and isn't suitable for any hardcore use (video editing, photo shop, etc.). I wouldn't consider it an Ultrabook but since I don't think any current Ultrabook offerings are worth the money I was considering it as a "bridge" travel computer given the price.

I've looked at all the current Ultrabook offerings (Yoga Pro 2, X1 Carbon, Dell XPS, Acer Aspire, etc.) and they're all either bulky, heavy, or low performance for the $$$.

One of the Ultrabooks announced with the Intel Core M is the Asus Zenbook UX305 which will be 12.3mm thick and only 1.2kg. That's with a 3200x1800 13.3" touch screen, 256GB SSD, etc.