FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:07 pm
enabler

Exclamation

Okay, I searched the thread and don't think this credit card issue has been asked here, although it's been asked - and remains unanswered - on IHG's forum. The problem is nicely summarized over there by GF, who I'm quoting:

Here is another issue regarding the "Into the Night" program. .... One of my things I need to complete is to "Apply for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card". Here's the problem: .... I click on the "Learn More" button to go to details page about applying for the card. So far, so good. Then I read through the fine print, and see the following paragraph as the next to last paragraph from the bottom of the page ...

**Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. IHG® Rewards Club member may only receive total amount of points once. Points compliments of IHG® Rewards Club. This Offer will only be rewarded on IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card applications submitted through this “Into the Nights” promotional site between October 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for fulfillment of the bonus points Offer for applying for the card through the Into the Nights Promotion. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation. So that you are awarded your 2,000 point bonus for applying, Chase will provide only your Member ID to IHG®.

Notice the date that I bolded. It says it you have to submit the card application between October 1, 2014 and December 31. What!!!??? The "Into the Nights" program starts September 4th! Is this a typo, or an oversight, or are they hoping that people will not notice this detail, and people will unknowingly apply too early, and therefore be denied (screwed out of) their corresponding points for the promotion? I could not get a straight answer by calling the IHG help number. I don't mind applying for the card, but if I'm going to do it, I'd rather do it sooner than later, and not have to wait for Oct. 1st.