FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:50 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Heck this is London. And yes I was/am willing to forgo IC Westminsterc at £220-250/night and stay at IC-Park-Lane at £330+78 Lounge access, a £400 total.
With new higher Conrad price point of £400 (although includes lounge access + breakfast) I am struggling to stay again at Conrad as one of my other three go-to's is always a better value price point wise.

Once IC-PL with lounge exceeds £400 my usual choice was either of cheaper IC-Westmnster OR cheaper CP-St James (now Taj since Jan2014) where at CP/Taj I always get at least a double upgrade as a longterm regular.

Sometimes CP/Taj. is costlier than both of IC-PL or Conrad/IC Westminster, as can be CP-The City. I check them all out price-wise before booking my nights

Blue Boar food is also disapointing for this standard of hotel, so I always eat out !
I thought the Blue Boar had improved greatly on my last visit in early August though the F&B manager there is not appropriate for the position without the ability to communicate in English with reasonable fluency. Thankfully the team was
The bread was outstanding as was the service. I had sole which was fairly good and great side dishes. My rib appetizer could have been a meal excellent by London standards
My rooms was the smallest ever as an Ambassador and the welcome amenity had diminished. They seem to not care much about anything IHG at all which is stupid.
There was pressure to upgrade to the club at check. I'm hoping the transition to Conrad will translate to be better upgrade recognition and benefits and HH elite friendly business behavior.Otherwise I will be gone with the HH point devaluation
I'm hoping to hear from others who experience the property as a Diamond or a Gold