FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be careful when SDCing on which day is offered
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:17 pm
mgcsinc

Programs: UA 1K
I've very nearly made this mistake myself. Some red text or something might help.

More generally: Friends, there is an entire thread for more general SDC issues: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-wikipost.html

Originally Posted by Bonehead
I may be being a bit picky here, but you can actually view potential alternate flights that depart > 24 hours from your search, but there will be a change fee associated with them, which disappears once you hit T-24 relative to those flights. In many cases there will be a fare difference as well prior to T-24, which also tends to disappear once the fare buckets are opened up.
Nope, no viewing SDC-ineligible flights on the app. In fact, with the loss about a year ago of SDC via the change flights tool, there is currently nowhere you can view SDC and regular change options together.

Originally Posted by 787fan
I've noticed that the mobile app refuses to offer SDC if the itinerary involves ZFV (Amtrak to Philly). Anyone else see the same issue ?
It's a known issue - and, in point of fact, though an agent will often be willing to fiddle with the United segments for you, the entire itinerary is technically ineligible.