FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report: Fogo Island Inn, Newfoundland, Canada
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:56 am
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

question - the hotel does not discuss private boat tranfers? anyone know anything about that in the area?

Originally Posted by aa213bb
lower occupancy
agree, but even though i plan to travel to fogo "last minute" (when i do) i am not going to go during lowest season when weather is worst, because of logistics involved for fogo (and places like fogo island) - i plan to avoid ferry

Originally Posted by aa213bb
thanks kage for all of the "Suggested Itinerary" links. Those are greatly helpful.
fogo has really put together some great details
http://www.archive.org is my favorite "website"

added this edit to clarify one of my earlier compilations >
"i figured out what rooms are where by looking at plans"
(possible with their floorplan for entire hotel, not just rooms)

also, my posts are compilations. of rooms, environment, etc. hotel site actually includes MANY different things, with only a few details for each individual thing. so no emphasis on anything other than local, but that applies to everything. actually specifically re environment, note there are only 2 pretty short quotes. and only 1 from website, other 1 is from presskits/brochures. and the other 2 quotes are not from the hotel site. and 1 of those is 3rd party. also >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ive seen plenty of media/etc coverage, but didnt see any discuss the "context" mentioned by ridefar.
there is extremely little discussion of the following on the websites >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
100% of operating surpluses are reinvested into the community
and note that quote is from foundation site, not hotel site

big thanks again to ridefar for all the details (not discussed elsewhere - plus service/food/rooms/excursions)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 18, 2014 at 7:10 pm