FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion Tags - Boobish or not?
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:28 am
AvidFlyer1990

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
<my 2 cents>

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
It took me a while and a few dollars to get my DM status - I wear and show off mine with pride -on my luggage though and not around my neck.
Originally Posted by scottsam66
This rings true I think for most people. Thanks for telling the truth!
^^^^

I will be PM in the next couple of weeks, and I earned all my statuses the hard way, after spending a lot of $$$ and a lot of time on the plane.

I put all my current tags on my carry-ons, simply because,

1. It helps distinguish my carry-on in the event that there are similar carry-ons on-board (trust me, it has happened, especially with the TUMI international carry-ons!)

2. Helps prioritize the delivery of bags, in the event I have to gate check it if I am on a CRJ/ERJ

3. Sometimes, the FAs are really nice and find a place for my carry on, on-board on CRJs; and I attribute it mostly due to them having seen the tags.

4. The FAs usually try to help and find a spot for your carry-on if the over-head bins are full; and, again, I will give the credit to the tags.

5. The SP lane dragons simply wave you in, without you having to stop and pull out your phone and/or your physical card.

That being said, I am totally against using the tags as a means for boosting you DYKWIA status! And wearing it around your neck is, simply, well for the lack of a better term, I'll say WEIRD and ABSURD!!

</my 2 cents>

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Sep 17, 2014 at 11:40 am