FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:00 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
I had the Citi AA Business CC and canceled it this spring.
I just applied and was denied because I have previously received the bonus.
I was told I would have to wait 18 months before I could receive the bonus again. This is the first time I have heard of this with regard to Citi Business CC applications/bonuses.
What exactly do you mean by you canceled "it"? Did you cancel both the card account and its associated master account, or only the card account? As has been discussed here much before (and is in the Wikipost), many (though not all) people cannot get a second business AA card if the master account from their first business AA card was never closed.

(Business accounts have a master account, in addition to the card account, in the excpectation that you might want to have additional cards, with separate card accounts, for your employees, but want to manage them all together under one "umbrella" account which is claled the master account. A business account is not really closed until its master account and all of its card accounts have been closed.)