FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:11 pm
scottsam66

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am at high risk for blood clots (having had a quadruple by pass) and have to get up numerous times during a flight just to walk around. I always get an aisle seat because of this but one time was upgraded into a window seat.

I boarded before the person in the aisle, sat in her seat, and when she arrived explained the situation to her and asked if she would prefer that I move to the window seat (thus inconveniencing her several times during the flight) or stay in the aisle.

She preferred that I stay in her assigned seat -- but I left the choice up to her. I believe your wife would have the same experience or, if not, at least the person in the aisle seat would be forewarned and know what to expect.
You left the choice to her??? As your rear end is in her seat? Pretty presumptuous. I agree with everything you did except sitting in her seat. You couldn't have asker her when she arrived to her seat and ask from the window seat?