FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CW "no changes" restriction not stated/paid seat not agreed
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:00 am
RedcardPingle

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by haylefarm
...Because there is no practical means for customers to preserve a record of each on line choice made, if the system has a hiccup or glitch and does something without the customer's consent, there is never any way to challenge BA. This hardly seems fair...
BA have a 24hr cooling off period for any booking. So you can check all of the details are correct after to see if any mistakes have been made (by either party). I do agree that there is room for improvement in BA's email confirmation and a direct link to the ticket restrictions wouldn't go amiss, but all that info can be found via the manage my booking link. You will know better than me, but isn't there an onus at some point for the buyer to check the product/contract they have agreed upon? If so then I doubt that BA are legally in the wrong.

It seems like you and your PA are both fairly new to booking airline tickets; restrictions are very, very common across the industry. Its annoying but I would strike this one down to experience and for the future - caveat emptor.