FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CW "no changes" restriction not stated/paid seat not agreed
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:33 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by haylefarm
Have had a very disappointing time with BA. My PA booked business class to DC and does not recall seeing any warning that this was a strictly "no changes" booking.
Perhaps you need a new PA then. The fare rules for cancellation/change is quite clearly shown during the booking process.

BA have said even if I paid for a NY return ticket (i.e., and didn't use both the flight out to DC and NY return) they would automatically cancel my return to London from DC. Other airlines do not do this.
Almost all airlines will cancel the remaining segments of a ticket if you no show for any segment.

What is really the issue here is that the written booking confirmation is legally - I am a lawyer – wrong.
Why is it wrong? It states non-refundable which the ticket is. There will be other conditions as per the fare rules of the fare you (or your PA) purchased which includes if any changes can be made and at what cost. Most other airlines are similar and the confirmation does not include the full fare rules.

Please post back on how your court case against BA goes.