FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will I earn Alaska shopping portal miles for a cancel-reorder?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:42 pm
DaveInLA

Will I earn Alaska shopping portal miles for a cancel-reorder?

This morning, I cancelled an order for Neiman Marcus thta I placed last night via the Alaska portal 8x. I cancelled it because SWA has 12x today and I wanted to re-order the same item via SWA. However, most of the order was paid with NM gift cards. I didn't realize that after an order is cancelled, the gift cards remain at ZERO balance and NM has to mail me new gift cards, which takes 7 business days. I called them as asked if they could expedite the process by emailing me new cards or simply returning the funds to my existing cards, but they could not. By the time new gift cards arrive, the 8x and 12x offers will be gone.

What the rep suggested was creating a new order for the item that would be paid with the new gift cards once they're generated. Basically, instead of mailing them to me, NM would apply them directly to the new order. She said this new order would have a new order number but it would be "tied to" the original order via the gift cards. My suspicion is that this would not give me any portal payout and because the order number is different, I would have no valid argument when contacting Cartera. Does this sound right? I contacted them, but they haven't replied.