FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:01 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by iamalighthouse
I've read several recent articles saying that backscatter and "<whole body scanner>" have been taken out of service. I haven't flown for a while...is this true? I'll be flying out of DSM and LAX. I'm concerned about this and am confused since this thread sounds like there are still machines in use...?
The TSA has removed the X-ray "backscatter" machines from US airports, so they are gone.

The TSA has said it's switched all the MMW machines over to the "generic GUMBY" images and that its "people" are not viewing nude images of passengers any more. However, there are many who believe these machines are still capable to storing such images for later viewing.

I personally do not trust the TSA as a defender of my rights, so I refuse to enter any of its "machines" other than the WTMD.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 21, 2018 at 9:51 am