FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF22 NRT-SYD J catering downgrade - permanent? (vs JQ)
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:03 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by klymen
Speaking of which, I found the Sakura lounge vastly better than the QF lounge at NRT. Food not in great abundance anywhere though.
If I'm on JL or even JQ I don't need to eat much at the lounge because they serve enough food on board, particularly on JL.

There isn't enough food at the QF lounge at NRT to make a meal of it, so I think the catering downgrade on QF J is particularly bad. A lot of QF J passengers would not be aware of JL Sakura lounge etc so they probably head out to the QF lounge to find that there isn't much food, and then find there isn't much food on board either (unless they have changed it recently).

There is a fair bit of food at JL F lounge although it's not to everyone's liking. There is usually Japanese curry, with various smaller dishes around.

However, there are lots of cheap and OK food on the 4th floor of NRT T2 before security and if I feel that I would be hungry, I go up there and grab something to eat.