FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Sep 14, 2014, 2:03 pm
echip

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Sdsearch,

FrequentSleeper got denied, not me. I have not applied for the second business account.
There are reasons why people do not or cannot close their master account.
I can't because my business account is old with good history with Citi.
Some other people don't want to close because their card is too new, such as just applied for only 91 days, and would like to churn again.

I would like to know does anyone here have ONE master account and was able to get another bonus? Or in order to get another bonus, do they need to use another business name?

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Some people can, some people can't. Why risk it, when you might be one of those people who can't?

Just because person A got something to work, that doesn't mean that you (person B) will be able to.

It seems safer to close the master account, since we have more reports of people who get denied when their previous master account is left open than reports of people who get accepted when their previous master account is left open.

Since there's no good purpose to leaving it open. why not close it if you can? (Some people who closed the card itself some time ago don't know how to close the master account any more. But if you are about to close your card account, it's easy to close the master account at the same time, so why not do it?)

I see no downside to closing the master account if you can.

If you close a master account, and then later are approved for another business card, they'll create a new master account for you.

(This is all assuming you're getting business cards for the signup bonus. In that case, you don't need the master account at all. The master account exists for those businesses who want multiple card accounts for employees but under one master account that the business owner can keep track of all employee expenses under. If you don't have employees, you don't actually need the master account, but Citi automatically creates one "out of habit" anyway.)