FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alternatives when airline refuses to board due to passport's nationality.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:53 pm
danielonn

k
Originally Posted by Dinka
Hi,

I booked a flight on price line, JFK-london direct air India. It turned out that the flight is code share with Kuwait airlines (which I discovered only when I got to the airport). Kuwait airlines didn't board me, as I have an Israeli passport and as explained Kuwait government doesn't recognize Israel as a state. They were kind enough to book me a ticket on British airways instead. But my ticket back is still Kuwait airlines. Air India are not picking up the phone. Priceline have no idea what to do. What do you think I should do in order to increase my chances of getting back to NYC in 4 days as planned with minimal financial damage? I'm boarding the BA flight to London in a few minutes.

Any thoughts will be appreciated. Please avoid any comments suggesting me being dumb, naive, deserving it or whatever that is not helping me to get back to NYC, like happened in a similar thread on flyertalk back in 2003.

Thank you for your help,
Dina
Shalom Dinka,

I think the airlines should be responsible for letting you know when you purchase your ticket where it would verify your nationality. If your passport does not conform with the ticket then it should not let the purchase go through.

If an airline is codeshared with Kuwait Airlines but is flown via another carrier like Air India and you did not stop in a restricted country then why were you denied boarding . You could claim you were discriminated against due to your nationality because you were on a legitimate flight from what is sounds like.

BTW Do you have an American Passport? If so you could have just used this for your flight.

I think you should get a full refund because you only knew it was a Kuwait Airlines Flight and or they should have gotten you to your final destination for no extra cost. Your intention was to go on an itinerary in which your Israeli Passport would be accepted.

I wish you all the best.

Daniel

Last edited by danielonn; Sep 13, 2014 at 11:02 pm