FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:58 pm
ejong

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
If you ever were debating West Maui vs Wailea, there is no comparison, I cannot even begin to describe how different they are.
@drewdawg I actually debate this all the time (since I always have Hawaii on the brain) and I am interested in your comment. We have stayed at Wailea once (FS) and at Westin Ka'anapali numerous times. I like them both but for different reasons. The Westin is a great destination when we have young kids in tow. I would be more likely to return to Wailea if it is just the two of us. Is it the high number of families at Ka'anapali that bothers you?

I was actually more frustrated at FS Wailea by the competition for pool chairs than I am at the Westin. I guess you expect it at Ka'anapali, but at the FS I was disappointed by the "rat race" feeling where I expected a more gracious experience. The FS Hualalai is more to my liking than the one at Wailea.

My memory is that the FS Wailea restaurants are all very pricey and not remarkable. At Ka'anapali you can at least head over to Hula Grill for a more "reasonably" priced meal.