FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA WTP Problems
Thread: BA WTP Problems
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:58 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WSM
Hello gents... looking some advice as I am very very pissed off this morning after a 9 hour flight on BA frlm IAH - LHR.

This is the fourth time I have taken this flight in the last 3 months. The annoying thing is 3 out of 4 flights I have had IFE problems. Waiting on resets for hours on flight etc. but today was the worst... I had no IFE for the whole 9 hour flight to use

I did complain using the web form last time and got some complimentatory Avois but this is just taking the biscuit... 3 out of 4 flights!!??

any suggestions or just down the normal route of email via the online form?

Thanks!
Stress the repeated nature of the iFE problems when dealing with CR and the complete unavailability for the whole of the last flight, demand a cash credit towards future BA flights rather than avios too.

Sadly CR do not exist to effectively feedback passenger experience they appear to exist to fob off customers as quickly as possible. The best you can expect is to get to a point of acceptable compensation.

It does seem relatively rare to have persistent IFE problems on BA these days and it is unlucky to get this degree of repetition. That makes it no less annoying when it happens and doesn't change the fact that the IFE is an integral part of the product.

BA could have a buffer against this type of situation by keeping a few spare ipads onboard each aircraft for this type of situation if there was a real will especially given the number that were previously provisioned on Old F Aircraft. However there isnt a will it sems.

I always tend to keep a stock of things to watch on my iPad when travelling as often I find the IFE content a bit limited however this shouldn't be a necessity and it isn't just hard luck when this sort of thing happens as some imply given that BA make this pitch in their marketing material:-

Entertainment at your fingertips

A whole world of entertainment awaits you with:

hundreds of the latest films, documentaries, television, music, audio books and games
personal flat screen and noise-reducing headphones
on-demand service that lets you choose what you want, when you want it, on most flights