FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions *now with WikiPost* {pre-2015 Archive}
Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:56 am
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Confirmed today for 4pm flight, online (app and website) is not offering a change option to 12pm flight. All classes are zeroed.

But my friend is at the airport now - 7am - taking a different flight, and I had her put my record locator into the kiosk and it didn't offer any confirmed change but it did offer stand by for the 12 p.m. flight.

If she accepted the standby at the kiosk, does anybody know if this standby might clear more than 90 minutes prior to the flight so that I would know about it and I could get to the airport? Or is this just putting me on the standby list that is cleared at the gate minutes before departure?
You will not clear until 30 minutes prior to the flight. Once you are listed on standby you are stuck there. Even if a seat opens up in the fare class you are booked in you are still standby. There's no process to clear standbys into any seats until done by a gate agent 30 minutes prior to departure.

-RM