FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amsterdam Renaissance (Netherlands) [Master Thread]
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:26 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by LatinAmericaFlyer
Agreed - it is unclear why the OP is even opening the minibar when the lounge has free drinks every evening.

As to the negative comments about the Renaissance- I have stayed there multiple times recently, and it is a fine hotel.
+1. My brother stayed there on points with his brood of 3 teenager and young adults for a week and the staff went all out, upgraded him and his wife to a junior suite, brought in a cot to the room for the 3 kids, gave them all access to the lounge and treated them just fine. This was upon my recommendation from 2 years ago where my wife and I had a great time. Amsterdam had become seedy for awhile but about 15 years ago -- about the time that NYC was getting better -- the streets became cleaner and less scuzzy and this location is not like other properties near train stations -- in fact, it benefits from it since you can visit other areas of the country with just a short walk to the Centraal Station. Further, this property is opposite the Poozenboot -- a canal boat for homeless cats looking to be adopted -- so go visit it, donate some $$ and get a nice T-Shirt with that catchy name!