FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Manufactured Spending? Start Here.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:29 pm
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Mamibear
regarding your new Ink CC, make sure to check the revised terms and conditions of Chase. This has been discussed in blogs, check them out for details.

some salient points mentioned in Chase's new terms and conditions:

Chase has made it very clear that you could lose your points or be shut down for:

Signing-up for cards just to earn the bonus, then cancelling
Using cards solely to buy gift cards or other methods of “manufactured spending”
Repeatedly signing-up for cards just to earn the bonus or points.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
best to know what you're getting into so you'll not be surprised if they forfeit your earned rewards if they suspect you're abusing the card.

If you're going to use it for legit biz spend, you have no need to worry about all the changes.
What does: "Signing-up for cards just to earn the bonus, then cancelling" mean specifically? Does it mean if you signup for the CSP or Ink card and get the first year free then cancel when the AF is due they will take action against you? I can understand something like the citi AA exec card where people signed up and then cancelled before the AF, but I don't plan on keeping the CSP beyond the first year (I have an ink and see no reason to pay two AFs). Would doing a PC to a CS be sufficient to keep Chase off my back on future apps?