FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Listening to Channel 9 on September 11, 2001
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:31 pm
dkc71

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum
I remember. I was working at John Hancock in Boston (largest building in Boston). Someone had Howard Stern on a radio and mentioned a small plane had crashed into the WTC. I went down to the lobby where they usually broadcasted news from a cluster of tvs when the second plane hit as I was watching. A reporter walked into the building and was taking pictures of us with our mouths gaped open, hands coving our mouths. Security rushed them out.

I went back up to my floor feeling really uneasy. News was filtering in about the planes coming out of Boston. Someone passed me and said the Pentagon's been hit. I went to my desk and grabbed my bag, got in my car and drove home. The sky, normally filled with sounds of planes was eerily silent with exception of fighter jets.

I called my dad who was a general in the air force. He said "go home- get out of there". I've never been so confused and scared....I can't imagine how bad it was for all who went through it directly.