FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan is a Disappointment
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:54 pm
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Welcome.

I think your post will serve as a reality check for the 0.1% of flyers here, about how the other 99.9% feel about Aeroplan.

Air Canada and Aeroplan have created a convoluted system of earning and redeeming, reduced IKK, fake fees, scamcharges, mixed class trickery, classic vs market, website that prefers certain combos of flights - you need a PhD in Aeroplan to decipher it all.

Unfortunately most people have no idea - I deal with these clients all the time - and end up getting screwed over like you did.

You couldve booked your China trip without having to pay hundereds in fees (which you did) - and in business class all the way. But 99% wont know how. Your story just reminds us of that.

I dont understand what SE has to do with your China trip - you would have gotten screwed the same way as an SE.

As for Winnipeg - domestic availability is limited - you were lucky to find seats at 25000 (+$150) - the market fares at 35000 sound like the redemption was pegged to a revenue ticket at the time.

I also dont understand why you would expect AC to be loyal to you for all the years you flew them for work? Assuming you for 10+ years flew 100,000+ miles - you should be a million miler now - they have rewarded you with E50. What else do you want?