FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:48 am
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by askmrlee
AFAIK, none of the Discover Cards have Zip built in. You have to call and request Zip. You'll get a new card with Zip and a Zip chip sticker similar to Citibank's PayPass sticker so you can make your phone or other item a payment tag. I had been doing this for a few years now and I hide the sticker in my cell phone case.

www.discover.com/zip

However Discover Zip is not available with the It card, but you can keep a Zip sticker prior to converting your card to an it. I was able to keep my Zip sticker after I converted my standard Discover Card to an It card, but the sticker became void after they changed my account number due to a breach.

I've already complained and asked for Zip It stickers but they said it's just not available for It.
Thanks! Just called them and they're going to mail me a new card with it built-in. ^ (More people should definitely do this with banks that support contactless so that they see there's a demand. Otherwise, they might just do the contact-only card with cell phone NFC or something when it comes time to change over to EMV.)