FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at LAX
Thread: Cars at LAX
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:22 pm
IsleOfMan

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by briggek8717
Heading to LAX 10/3 (Friday) - 10/6 (Monday) with the family of 5 (kids are 8, 6, and 2). I've got a minivan reserved right now (about $150), but I'm considering reserving a full size (about $56) and rolling the dice on whether a minivan is available in the Emerald Aisle. I am Executive thanks to the Amex Platinum. Thoughts on my chances of finding a minivan?

If we had to, we could survive in the fullsize, but it would be tight. The 8 year old doesn't technically require a booster seat (although we still use it for her at home and would have it along) and we'd probably only have 2 suitcases, so trunk space shouldn't be an issue.

Plans are basically to drive from LAX to our hotel right by Disneyland, park the car until Monday, drive to the beach Monday morning, and then drop off the vehicle before our flight Monday afternoon.

Worth the $100 gamble?
Keep your Minivan res as a backup and cancel it before you drive out if your're able to get something workable from the aisle... I've seen minivans and 7-passenge SUVs (Travrse/Acadia/Enclave) on ES in LAX frequently.