FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sleeping in an Airport on a Budget
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:50 pm
redtailshark
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by lhgreengrd1
I did this in Lima, Peru.....Also, the only hotel at or near the airport is a very expensive Ramada that is basically low end but charges over $200 a night for these typically 4-5 hour overnight stays.
Not true. There are indeed hotels, hostals etc. very near LIM. For example on Av. Fawcett to the E. of Jorge Chavez there are hotels in the barrio. This is easily walkable from the front of the airport, about ~800m distance from the parking lot gate or so. On one recent trip involving a very short overnight - which I was not going to use Marriott points for - I found one of these bandit dens, with the neon sign above, the narrow cubicle and grated entrance, no internet/TV/facilities. I slept in a bare concrete room - but surprisingly with hot running water and a clean concrete shower - for 10 PES. Nothing was stolen and nothing bad happened except I couldn't figure out what time I woke up - although I admit, I kept my important docs under my head