FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official schedule extension prediction thread
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:55 am
rtalk25

Originally Posted by airb330
There are going to be some empty planes flying to Florida from the BWI/PHL/EWR area. WN is hundreds of dollars more than AA, B9 or even UA.
WN doesn't directly competes on EWR-Florida except connections via BNA which is a little out of the way, especially to S. Florida. Out of PHL and BWI, B6 and UA do not directly compete

Out of PHL, it's competitive against US Air.

It usually adjusts pricing about a month or six weeks closer to the flight date.

I think a cold winter can push sales up on all nonstop and reasonable one-stop connection tickets (like NE-BWI-Florida) from all carriers to Florida. With a mild winter (more prevalent three years ago or so), pax easily change their ticket to another date, and Southwest can get screwed. I've flown on a PHL-FLL flight that was 25% full and wondered if it was because of the mild weekend when I flew out of PHL. Southwest didn't lower the ticket pricing the week around the trip either to help fill the plane as existing customers would just

Last edited by rtalk25; Sep 10, 2014 at 12:08 pm